Image via Wikipedia
Michael Bloomberg: ‘It Was Not The Banks That Created The Mortgage Crisis’ [WATCH]
The saddest thing about this is that he might very well believe this nonsense.
This idea has been debunked so many times, it’s ridiculous but it’s like one of those vampire movies, there’s always a sequel.
“I hear your complaints,” Bloomberg said at a Tuesday business breakfast. “Some of them are totally unfounded. It was not the banks that created the mortgage crisis. It was, plain and simple, Congress who forced everybody to go and give mortgages to people who were on the cusp.”
- Andrew C (✓): Michael Bloomberg, Ignoramus – NYTimes.com (krugman.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Michael Bloomberg: ‘It Was Not The Banks That Created The Mortgage Crisis’ (huffingtonpost.com)
- Bloomberg: Occupy protesters should blame Congress, not banks, for mortgage crisis (thehill.com)
- Mayor Bloomberg repeats right-wing lies about genesis of financial crisis (dailykos.com)
- Bloomberg to OWS: Congress caused the mortgage crisis, not the banks (hotair.com)