Image via Wikipedia
Keeping a web site and maintaining it can be a real pain but one of the great pleasures of it, is that you get to provide support to your friends to get the word out about their ideas. Here is a piece from my blogging friend, Luke H. Lee.
The article is significantly longer than this small excerpt and you probably need to see the diagrams for full understanding. So please read the whole thing.
Realizing a better world
If a public information-based supply chain infrastructure system is developed and fully implemented in the real market, the existing efficiency-oriented market process would be changed to a more effectiveness-oriented market process, which is more suitable for the modern information market. This would significantly contribute to the improvement of employment on the whole. The self-generation capability of the market would improve as well.
With the influence of this new, more effectiveness-oriented supply chain process, the existing competition by size would change into competition by quality and service. The existing efficiency-oriented mass production process and mass-market consumption model would also be altered into a more effectiveness-oriented, diversified, or individualized production and consumption system. Owing to these changes, local employment conditions would improve considerably, and the business environment for middle- and small-sized companies and for the general service industry would improve significantly. Moreover, companies that off-shored and outsourced to lower labor cost countries would come back to the domestic arena
- Second Annual Supply Chain Design Conference Draws International Audience (prweb.com)
- Outside the Box: Apple’s supply chain problem (marketwatch.com)
- LLamasoft’s Growth Fueled by Strong Supply Chain Design Demand (prweb.com)
- Supply Chain Conference Will Address Actionable Intelligence to Drive Economic Performance, Fox News Contributor Jerry Bowyer to Deliver Keynote Talk (prweb.com)
- The White House Talks Supply Chain: When Supply Risk Becomes a National Security Issue (Part 1) (spendmatters.com)
- Deloitte|Tap into the Power of Analytics |Supply Chain Quarterly|Business Analytics (bjconquest.com)
- Why Apple is held accountable for supply chain mistreatment (zdnet.com)
- Pharma: Get Ready for the New Supply Chains (pharmexec.com)