Here is a selection of the words of Bill Moyers. The first is from Salon and is in print today, February 14th, Valentine’s day. The next three are closing remarks from episodes of Bill Moyers’ Journal. You might say that this is a valentine to Bill. May he live a hundred years and continue to inspire us every day of that time.
America’s billionaire-run democracy – 2012 Elections – Salon.com
We are drowning here, with gaping holes torn into the hull of the ship of state from charges detonated by the owners and manipulators of capital. Their wealth has become a demonic force in politics. Nothing can stop them. Not the law, which has been written to accommodate them. Not scrutiny — they have no shame. Not a decent respect for the welfare of others — the people without means, their safety net shredded, left helpless before events beyond their control.
The obstacles facing the millennial generation didn’t just happen. Take an economy skewed to the top, low wages and missing jobs, predatory interest rates on college loans: these are politically engineered consequences of government of, by and for the 1 percent. So, too, is our tax code the product of money and politics, influence and favoritism, lobbyists and the laws they draft for rented politicians to enact.
Plutocracy and Democracy Do Not Mix
Bill Moyers on Greed
Bill Moyers on the American Dream
- Bill Moyers: Why I am Returning to the Air (VIDEO) (alwaysquestionauthority.wordpress.com)
- Bill Moyers Says That Saul Alinsky was a Good American (johnhively.wordpress.com)
- Tumultuous Times for Democracy Compelled Moyers’ Return to TV | Common Dreams (tribuneofthepeople.wordpress.com)
- Elana Estrin: Bill Moyers Speaks at LBJ Library (huffingtonpost.com)
- Bill Moyers Visits HuffPost, Talks Inner Life And Purpose (huffingtonpost.com)
- Bill Moyers, Divid Stockman On Crony Captialism(elmsprogressivemedia.wordpress.com)