This is a lecture, the first of a series about Marcus Aurelius. I’ve read the Meditations a couple of times and I’ve read Epictetus as well. However, a good teacher can put all this in context and that is what is happening here. Unlike many You-Tube teaching videos, the sound is good and the teacher is easy to give your undivided attention to. I enjoyed the lecture. I believe there are three more. Once you are watching this one, the follow ups will be listed on the right hand side of the screen.
I personally find this philosophy compelling but I’m older and more skeptical. So, let’s see where this material takes us.
- Russell Kirk: Emulating the Divine Image. (lifeondoverbeach.wordpress.com)
- Could everyone have a philosophy and even religion of their own? (beinghuman.blogs.fi)
- Patterns and variations (dictaobscura.wordpress.com)
- Cooking with the Ceasars (samizdata.net)
- “Meditations” by Marcus Aurelius (booksontrial.wordpress.com)
- The Marcus Aurelius Meme (litlove.wordpress.com)
You must be logged in to post a comment.