Scott Walker Recall Leaders Prep Final Push In Effort To Regain Momentum
Walker, who has raised $25 million, has been blanketing Wisconsin with broadcast advertising touting his handling of the economy. His Democratic opponent, Tom Barrett, who did not win his party’s primary until May 8, has raised only $1 million and not been able to match the blitz. The most recent public poll on the race released last week showed Walker leading by 6 points.
A moving wall of money threatens democracy by the people. Corporatism is being birthed even as we speak. The fruit of Citizen’s United is a nation where corporations struggle for influence against each other while the public is simply a mass of pawns manipulated by the massive power of an owned media.
Look at the numbers. They are more eloquent than anything I can say – 25 to 1.
- Wis. recall leaders struggle to gain momentum (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Scott Walker Recall Attempt Worries Some Democrats (libertyorequality.wordpress.com)
- Scott Walker’s Lead Growing In Wisconsin Recall (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel Endorses Governor Scott Walker (independentsentinel.com)
- Scott Walker Gets Big Endorsement (huffingtonpost.com)