Ethics Bob is not shy about calling out the Haredim for their ridiculous behavior. I put his first paragraph up. Please go read his whole article (and his follow up article which is also listed below).
Who would spit and curse at a second grader and call her a whore?
Who would spit and curse at a second grader and call her a whore? Haredim, that’s who. The Haredim are considered the extreme of orthodox Jews, although they reject the label: to them they are just “Jews,” everybody else is not. In the Israeli town of Beit Shemesh, some Haredim spat and cursed at second grader Naama Margolese (pictured here with her mother), and called her a whore for dressing immodestly. Since the assault Naama.is afraid to walk to her religious school, even when her mother is with her, holding her hand.
Who would spit and curse at a second grader and call her a whore? « Ethics Bob
Ethics Bob follows this up with another article on a related topic entitled:
Israeli religious fanatics assault a female soldier for not moving to the back of the bus
I was going to add some comments of my own but I realized I was too angry to write well. I worked with children in the criminal justice system for some years. The idea of daily verbal assaults along with spitting against an 8 year old move me toward violence. So, I will stop here.
- Haredim riot in Beit Shemesh (jta.org)
- Where do Israeli haredim stand on haredi violence? (jta.org)
- 8-Year-Old Student On Front Line Of Latest Religious War (huffingtonpost.com)
- Shimon Peres condemns ultra-orthodox extremists as tensions escalate (guardian.co.uk)
- Ultra-Orthodox Jews ask Israeli media to help ‘rid them of extremists’ – Haaretz (haaretz.com)
- Protesting the Jewish Taliban (anexerciseinfutility.blogspot.com)
You must be logged in to post a comment.