This is startling. Okay, maybe shocking is a better word. I prefer my candidates to be consistent. It makes writing about them simple. The things I said yesterday are accurate today. Columns just write themselves.
But look at this. He sorta, kinda joins my side of the argument. I thought that in all of thinking down the most casual, simple basic thoughts that we had nothing in common. My world is shaken.
Now I have faith that he will never utter such things again. But what if I’m wrong and he’s actually changing? That’ll rattle me good. Is that even possible?
Well, let’s see how the vultures and the Republican stalwarts react.
I bet they’re more surprised than me.
Perry Says Romney and Bain Capital are Vultures
During a town hall event in Fort Mill, S.C, the Texas governor amplified an attack on Romney that’s being made by a super PAC which supports former House Speaker Newt Gingrich. The Super PAC’s film “When Mitt Romney Came to Town” accuses the Republican frontrunner of “looting” companies during his time as the head of Bain Capital.
“I will suggest they’re just vultures,” Perry told supporters, according to Politico. “They’re vultures that are sitting out there on the tree limb, waiting for a company to get sick. And then they swoop in, they eat the carcass, they leave with that and they leave the skeleton.”
- Rick Perry vs. Mitt Romney: Texas Governor Likens Bain Capital To ‘Vultures’ (huffingtonpost.com)
- Perry Says Romney and Bain Capital are Vultures (crooksandliars.com)
- Mitt Romney And “Vultures” (duanegraham.wordpress.com)
- Perry sharpens dig on Romney business past (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Perry Takes Shots at Romney, Bain (myfoxny.com)
- Hannity Challenges Rick Perry On Romney Attacks: ‘It Sounds Like Occupy Wall Street’ (mediaite.com)
- Rick Perry vs. Mitt Romney: Texas Governor Blasts ‘Pink Slip’ Comment (huffingtonpost.com)
You must be logged in to post a comment.