The knives are out. The corporations, the wealthy and their well paid minions (think of a crowd of Igors in an old Frankenstein movies) are going to portray the Occupy movement as anarchists and Marxists. An even casual reading of the news stories shows that as a lie. Can you find anarchists and Marxist in the movement? Of course you can; the same as you can find Klansmen and Christian Reconstructionists in the Tea Party and the Republican Party.
The question isn’t whether there are unpopular political beliefs in some participants of the movement but do they run it or is their influence the deciding factor in decisions. Neither of those things are true. I have no doubt that the primary motivations of Occupy Wall Street movement is the predominant influence the financial sector has in the government. There are also concerns for the decline of the middle class and the lack of penalties for those on Wall Street who did so much harm to the world economy.
Those are legitimate complaints held by millions of American. Take a look at this poll, this poll or this poll.
Does this new documentary wish to identify millions and millions of Americans as closet Marxists?
The hit job on the movement is expected. All criticism of the 1% is answered immediately, often borderline slander and almost always lies. The crude right wing message machine will say anything to keep Americans divided and powerless.
We can do better.
Right-wing documentary targets Occupy
Citizens United, which specializes in making documentaries with strong right-wing messages, is currently in production for a film about the Occupy movement, a spokesman for the group confirms to Salon.
- Jason Fitzgerald: Ask Not What Occupy Wall Street Will Do Next; Ask How We Will Change The Status Quo (huffingtonpost.com)
- Joseph A. Palermo: Five Right-Wing Political Obstacles That Must Be Sidelined (huffingtonpost.com)
- Dave Johnson: What Next in the Fight Over Who Our Economy Is for? (huffingtonpost.com)
- Bob Burnett: 2012: Will the Left Support Obama? (huffingtonpost.com)
- Richard Brodsky: Occupy Wall Street Overwhelms the Republicans: Newt Enrolls in OWS (huffingtonpost.com)
- Alex Warden: Occupy Wall Street and the 99% — The Painful Process of Awakening a Citizenry (huffingtonpost.com)
You must be logged in to post a comment.